May 25, 2013

Maira Kalman & Marc Johns

Occasionally I happen upon an artist or a writer that I absolutely adore. Their words or their drawings remind me of myself, and looking at their works just make me happy, because it makes me think I'm not the only one who creates stuff like that! Once I found Maira Kalman, who used to have a column in the New York Times opinion pages called "The Principles of Uncertainty," which she ended up turning into a book. Everything she creates is so simple but so inspiring to me. Here is a sample of her loveliness:

And I just found another person who's drawings just make me happy. I don't know, its just that I absolutely love drawing, but I never do anything extravagant, or super realistic or anything, I just draw very simple stuff. My favorite thing to do is draw pictures for song lyrics. I'll show you what I mean in just a second.

So, this new man's name is Marc Johns. I find him to be fascinating. Ah the random thoughts he comes up with! See look --





Yes, fascinating is a good word for Marc Johns. I just want to go look at all of his pictures.

Now about drawings for song lyrics. I love my music, especially the words. And sometimes I just love a lyric so much that I just have to draw a picture of it. Like this--

Music of The Day: The inspiration for my drawings! Ghost of Corporate Future by Regina Spektor. Flowers in Your Hair by The Lumineers. If I Die Young by The Band Perry.

Inspiration of The Day: Maira Kalman and Marc Johns, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment