May 22, 2013

Creativity and The Power of Introverts

I have a new found obsession with watching TED talks.

I watched one called "Ken Robinson says school kills creativity" I liked it because I left school so I could have more time to be creative. I kept grabbing my sticky notes (I love those things) to write down quotes that I liked.

"If you're not prepared to be wrong, you will never be creative." -Ken Robinson

"All children are born artists. The problem is to remain artists as we grow up." - Pablo Picasso

I also watched a talk all about introverts. It is called "The power of introverts." And the lady giving it, Susan Cain, gives this lovely part about how we all have a "suitcase" that we carry around constantly. Hers is full of books, and she longs to pull them out as much as she can, but sometimes she knows she needs to put them away and talk to people. I would love having a suitcase full of books, and maybe that is what my suitcase is full of, except all of the margins are filled with words of my own. Yes, my suitcase is full of words, some my own, many the words of others.

Whats in your suitcase? If you don't get it, watch the TED talk. :)


Music of the day: City and Colour. Top songs: The Girl. Hello, I'm In Delaware.

Book of the day: Make Lemonade by Virginia Euwer Wolff.

No comments:

Post a Comment