April 25, 2013

She Refused To Be Bored

I have so much time on my hands these days. As much as I love reading all day long, I am starting to get bored.... I think I need people to do stuff with, but my friends are all at school and I think my sister is sick of me dragging her around. I have a car, I really need to just go places more. I haven't been out of the house at all today. Here I am just giving up and being bored when I happen upon this quote:

"She refused to be bored, chiefly because she wasn't boring." 

That's from The Great Gatsby, which happens to be next on my reading list, as soon as I finish The Book Thief. I don't consider myself to be a boring person. I mean, sometimes my idea of fun is different from that of my extrovert friends, but there isn't an end to my bucket list ideas when we need something to do. Except here I am, bored. I am going to do something now, I don't know what, but I am not going to just sit here any longer. I refuse to be boring.




No comments:

Post a Comment